"Space: 1999" Stun Guns (US, UK, 1975)

A pair of "Space: 1999" stun guns, made in 1975. As a lifelong fan of the series, the stun guns always fascinated me. One of the first things I made as a kid was a wood stun gun, with glued-on buttons. In my grandmother's house I had a room for myself, where I made Moon craters in plaster and played with my Dinky Toys Eagle. The walls were covered with cards with the Alpha computers drawn in crayon. I spent so many hours there, no wonder I didn't have many friends. I had the whole Alpha crew to hang out with! :)



You may notice the differences in packaging. In the Catacombs, the definite reference for "Space: 1999" fans, only shows the second package, with the name on the right. I never saw another package with the name on the center. The stun guns also seem to be slightly different.

If you are a fan of "Space: 1999", you may enjoy my collection of original film props from the series. You can find it here.

3 comments:

  1. My stun gun is white, not grey. I will have to check the box when I get home from work to see where the logo is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is both White and Gray stun guns as per your pictures and mine in Catacombs

    Donald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, but what is most strange is that the stun guns's molds are different. Notice the lower end of the front bit in the lower picture: it is much more sharp than the other gun's. I could understand the different packaging, but why different moulds?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...